Travel to French soil and celebrate with us two of the most important French traditions. No plane ticket required.
- La Galette des Rois: in the U.S., food festivities start at Thanksgving and continue with Christmas and New Year's Eve, and then it's over. But it's not over in France, where during the entire month of January, families and friends gather, usually on several occasions, to celebrate the 700-year old tradition of Galette des Rois (The King's Cake). The cake, traditionally topped with a golden paper crown, is a sweet and delicious puff pastry confection with almond-flavored frangipane filling. But the celebration is much more than that, as the person who will end up with la fève, a small porcelain charm hidden in one of the slices, becomes a "King/Queen for the Day". Be assured, there will be many kings and queens during our evening!
- Les Voeux: Wishing "Meilleurs Voeux pour la Nouvelle Annee" (best wishes for the New Year) in France is not just something you do on January 1. French people do it the entire month, and it often becomes the pretext for more celebration and Champagne toasting.
- In order to make your experience as healthy as can be, the number of tickets is limited, so hurry as this is an event that often sells out, even in non-Covid years.
Join us for this most traditional yet lively evening featuring:
- Delicious Galettes des Rois prepared by Fresh Baguette
- Hors-D'oeuvres prepared by Chef Daniel Labonne, Executive Chef at the Embassy of France - VIP Hour only
- Degustation of Jambon de Bayonne, a delicate and delicious cured ham from the Basque region of France.
- Buffet with delicious French cheeses, cold cuts and veggie options.
- Galette des Rois baking demonstration by Chef Hughes Cossard, Maître Chef Rôtisseur - Chef/Culinary Instructor at Stratford University and owner of FoodExpression Concept Company. Learn how to make the famous cake directly from a French Chef.
- Open bar all night - As if you were invited to an upscale party on the Champs Elysees, set the mood to celebration by enjoying a glass of bubbly or other fine French wine.
- Champagne and bubblies from France
- Excellent red, white and rosé wines from Bordeaux, Burgundy, Loire Valley, Alsace. Rhone, Provence, etc.
- European Beers
- French songs by Jennifer Bergamot Rose (VIP Hour)
- All guests will leave with a baguette from Fresh Baguette.
- French photo backgrounds for great-looking selfies
- Prizes for all the Kings and Queens
Take the opportunity to network with fellow Francophiles, French VIPs, diplomats, professionals and business people in the wonderful Maison Francaise at the French Embassy.
5 Types of Tickets:
- La Couronne VIP Hour: Enter at 6pm and enjoy a glass of Champagne, special hors-d'oeuvres prepared by the French Embassy's Executive Chef Daniel Labonne, high-end wines from France, and French songs and music by Jennifer Bergamot-Rose. No reserved seating.
- Kings and Queens Table Service for Singles (6pm to 9pm): Same as La Couronne VIP guests but you will seat at a reserved table in a roped-off prime area with up to 3 other guests, with unlimited Champagne, wine and personal service during the entire event. Very limited number of tables so reserve early. An opportunity to make new friends!
- Kings and Queens Table Service for Couples - Table for 2 (6pm to 9pm): Same as La Couronne VIP guests but you will seat at a reserved table for just you two, in a roped-off prime area, with unlimited Champagne, wine and personal service during the entire event (6pm to 9pm). Very limited number of tables so reserve early.
- Kings and Queens Table Service for up to 4 (6pm to 9pm): You will seat at a reserved table with up to 3 of your friends, in a roped-off prime area with unlimited Champagne, wine and personal service during the entire event. Very limited number of tables so reserve early.
- La Fève Tickets (from 7pm to 9pm): Includes Galette des Rois, Open Bar, Light Buffet. No reserved seating.
Please note that in order to ensure the safety of the event for all, the program has been especially tailored to ensure everyone not only has an enjoyable time during the evening, but also a safe time, so the number of tickets sold is limited. Tickets will go fast so register early.
Optional Take Home Food and Wine Packages:
Packages will be available for pickup when you leave the event.
Galette et Vin Package:
- 1 Galette des Rois, prepared by Fresh Baguette
- 1 bottle of Chateau Bordeaux La Grande Metairie (Bordeaux - Red Wine)
- 1 bottle of Saumur Grande Reserve (Chenin Blanc - Dry White Wine
- An assortment of French products from France: Confiture Bonne Maman, Cookies Lu, La Mere Poulard, etc*
Galette, Vin & Champagne package
- Everything in Galette et Vin Package plus:
- 1 bottle of real Champagne from Champagne (Champagne Pierre Mignon, the preferred Champagne of the French Foreign Ministry)
Galette, Vin & Champagne - Package For 2
- Everything in Galette, Vin & Champagne package, except double! Share the Love of France!NOTE: To ensure maximum safety for all our guests, proof of vaccination and a negative test will be required for entry.