Celebrate a special evening in Montenegro with the Ambassador as we step onto foreign soil to sample a country rich in culture and history.
Tonight, learn the basics of enjoying great wine as we taste and compare five wines from five different European countries – especially wines from some countries that used to make up the former Yugoslav Republic (including Montenegro, Croatia, Serbia, and two others!)
Lead by an expert wine taster from Wine Bow, we will be instructed on the enjoyment of .proper wine tasting while allowing our senses to be the “battlefield” in which country produces the best wine. Join us as the wines of the Europe all battle it out to be judged by you - to ultimately be crowed European champion!
Our expert renowned wine expert will offer this special introductory wine tasting class on the European wines. He will give us the what’s, where’s, when’s, and how’s with regard to basic wine tasting from each continent, including such interesting tidbits as:
- Basic differences between the preparation and tasting style of each European wine;
- Which European wine you may want to pick and for which occasion;
- How to tell what wines are overpriced;
- What wines go best at what time of day;
- How much wine per sip should be consumed for optimum enjoyment;
- How terms such as "mellow", "dry", "sweet fortified" are best applied;
- and much more!
Each attendee will sample and rate five different glasses of wine.
In addition to the wine tasting, you will meet the Ambassador and diplomats who will personally welcome you to the embassy. The Ambassador will provide a special greeting about his country and what it has to offer.
We will also enjoy the various paintings on display throughout the embassy as well as watch a special film highlighting the majesty, beauty, and various regions of Montenegro.